Makes 3-4 apricot dumplings
Prep time: 20 min., Cooking time: 20-25 min
1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp filtered water)
3 -4 apricots
2 tbsp filtered water
1 tsp potato starch (any other starch should work too)
pinch nutmeg, himalayan salt
1 tsp xylit
1 tbsp lucuma
1/3 cup oat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat semolina
brown rice bread crumbs (any wheat free bread crumbs work)
1. Make your flax egg and put it into the fridge for min. 5 min.
2. In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the brown rice bread crumbs and apricots.
3. Mix together well and add the flax egg.
4. When the dough has a reached a sticky consistency, get one hand a bit wet and cover each apricot with the dough. Make sure there’s no hole anywhere.
5. Bring a full pot of water to a boil and slowly add the apricot dumplings. Let them cook on low-medium heat and make sure they don’t stick to the bottom. Take them out after about 20-25 min.
6. In the meantime you can start roasting your bread crumbs in pan on low heat until golden brown.
7. When the apricot dumplings are ready, take them out one by one and roll them around in the bread crumbs mix until fully covered. Serve hot with a sprinkled of cinnamon or mesquite powder. If you want to make it extra indulgent you can add some hot coconut oil on top.
Check out my recipe on my Youtube channel: