Makes 1 -2 portions
Prep time: 10 min., Cooking time: 10-12 min.
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 lemon (juice)
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 cup pasta cooking water
1. Bring a pot with water to a boil and add the pasta.
2. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan on a low heat for about 2 min.
3. When the pasta is cooked, don’t throw away all the starchy water, safe 1/4 cup and add it to the pesto later.
4. In a blender or food processor combine hemp seeds, the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, pepper + salt, pumpkin seeds (save some for topping) and the fresh basil. Blend away.
5. Combine pasta + pesto on a plate and top with avocado, some leftover pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds + nutritional yeast.
6. Extra freshly ground pepper and leftover lemon juice for that extra spicy kick on top. Enjoy!