Makes 1 -2 portions
Prep time: 10 min. (easily overnight)
1 – 2 carrots (depending on size)
1 cup oat milk (or other plant milk)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup oat bran
1 – 2 tbsp sultanas
2 -3 dates
1 tsp mesquite powder
1 tsp vanilla powder/ essence
1 tsp cinnamon
juice of 1/2 orange or 1/4 cup apple sauce
(almonds, pecans, walnuts if you like)
The best way is to prepare it in the evening before you go to bed. So you can store it in the fridge and it is ready to go in the morning. Either to take away with you to work or to enjoy at home.
(You can easily turn this recipe into porridge, same procedure, just heat it up instead of putting it into the fridge overnight.)
1. Mash the banana, chop up the dates.
2. Take a big mixing bowl and grate the carrots into the bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix together.
4. Fill everything with oat milk until the bircher muesli is covered. Leave overnight or for at least an hour in the fridge.
5. When you’re ready to indulge, top it with some chopped almonds, pecans and walnuts.
6. Enjoy! It literally tastes like eating a carrot cake for breakfast! It’s SO GOOD.