While this soup might not be the prettiest and certainly not the tastiest of all the soups out there, it certainly does it’s job of healing and curing the annoying cold very well. Trust me, I am very much experienced with being sick and it helped me every damn time 😉
Cold Cure + Healing Soup
Makes 2-3 servings
Prep time: 15 min., Cooking time: 2 hours
bug handful fresh shiitake mushrooms
1 large red onion
3-5 stripes dried astragalus root
1 large knob fresh ginger
5 garlic cloves
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder (look for yeast free)
1 tbsp tamari sauce
1 small knob fresh turmeric
1. Bring 1l of filtered water to a boil and add the vegetable stock.
2. In the meantime cut onion, garlic and turmeric into stripes or thin pieces and grate the ginger. Along with the tamari and a bit of water add everything into a pan and stir on low – medium heat until fragrant.
3. When the ingredients are fragrant and the water is boiling, add everything including the shiitake and astragalus root to the pot.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover it and let it simmer for 2 hours.
5. Take out the astragalus root and reheat to eat.
6. Serve with hot chili if you like 😉