Ever since I went wheat + yeast free and vegan, I was missing the raisin buns I used to get a the bakery in Germany all the time. So I created an easy vegan and wheat + yeast free recipe. I love them for a little afternoon treat or for breakfast. They are also an amazing thing to take with you for on the go! It literally just throwing ingredients into a bowl and mixing together. Such a quick recipe! The buns turn out crisp on the outside and chewy + moist inside.
Vegan and Wheat Free Raisin Buns
Prep time: 10 – 15 min. , Baking time: 25 – 30 min., Makes 3
1/2 cup psyllium husk powder
1/2 cup chia meal
3 tbsp xylitol
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut yogurt
2 tbsp baking powder
a pinch of vanilla
a pinch of himalayan salt
oat milk (or other plant milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Pour all ingredients into a big mixing bowl and mix together.
3. Add the oat milk peu a peu, until you get a nice sticky and doughy consistency.
4. Form round balls (the size you want your buns to be) and place them on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 25 – 30 min., but keep checking on them, since every oven is different.
Enjoy them hot out of the oven, on their own or with some chia jam, almond butter, whatever you fancy!
They keep in the fridge for a few days, but trust me, they’ll never last that long 😉